[Glass] Fwd: TODE gsDevKit problem

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Dec 10 12:15:12 PST 2014

meant this reply to go to the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dale Henrichs <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Glass] TODE gsDevKit problem
To: Dario Trussardi <dario.trussardi at tiscali.it>

Dario,

The fact that the testLogin command is running correctly means that we are
properly connecting to the stone and login...

I happen to be running all of my current development off of the tODE dev
branch which has some significant differences ... so, let me get my
environment setup to duplicate your setup:

  GemStone 3.1.0.6
  tODE 58d5386 (which is the latest commit on the master branch)

In the mean time, I would like some detail on the tODE client crashes ...

If it is easy to reproduce the crashes, then go into the $GS_HOME/pharo
directory and remove the PharoDebug.log (if you are running on a mac, the
debug log might show up in a different place ... I don't have my mac with
me to double check), then reproduce the error and send me the
PharoDebug.log ... if it's not easy to reproduce the error, then send me
the original PharoDebug.log (it will just have all of the errors since the
beginning of time:).

I also want to see a gem log ... it should be in
$GS_HOME/gemstone/stones/devKit/logs. After the gem crash, the relevant gem
log will be the latest gemnetobject* file from `ls -altr
$GS_HOME/gemstone/stones/devKit/logs/gemnet*`

and then we'll go from there ...

Dale

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <