[Glass] SIXX load conflict

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Dec 18 10:08:29 PST 2014

Mariano is correct that `onLock: [:ex | ex honor];` will eliminate the
Warning, but I am suspicious that you are not running a recent version
of GLASS.

You are getting a Warning during a topaz load (I assume ... in GemTools
you would get a Warning dialog). There was a bug[1], where the wrong
default action for a Warning was triggered during non-interactive loads
and the bug was fixed back in June.

So I think you should upgrade GLASS1:

   Gofer new
     package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
     url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
     load.
   (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1.

Finally, when loading from within topaz, you should always use
GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate::

GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [
   Metacello new
       baseline: 'SIXX';
       repository: 'github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
       load ].

GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate: wraps your code with an autoCommit
handler, a Warning handler, and instance migrations are deferred until
all of the loading is complete and then migrations are done with one
pass of the db...

Actually, it is not a bad idea to always use GsDeployer whether or not
you are loading in topaz:)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit/issues/21