[Glass] Metacello Implementation in GemStone

BrunoBB via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Dec 22 05:07:01 PST 2014

Hi all,

The past week i was playing with Ubuntu VM and GemStone.
I have a lot of VMs....

The goal was to install my application from the scratch in a Fresh Ubuntu
VM.
(for backup purpose i have 7 VMs)
1- Ubuntu 14.04 - fresh
2- Ubuntu 14.04 - u1 + libs
3- Ubuntu 14.04 - u2 + git repo
4- Ubuntu 14.04 - u3 + mysql client (my app query data from mysql to create
gs objects)
5- Ubuntu 14.04 - u4 + gemstone repo (but not GS installed)
6- Ubuntu 14.04 - u5 + gemstone + tode
7- Ubuntu 14.04 - u6 + seaside31

Now all my packages are installed correctly by simply executing:
(ConfigurationOfOrbeonFormProcessWeb project version: #'stable') load.

To be honest: Dale and Metacello/Monticello developers have done a TERRIFIC
job.

Congratulations !!!

regards,
bruno