[Glass] a better concurrency issue debugging strategy?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 09:12:32 PST 2014

Hi -

From a Seaside button click I'm starting telephone calls with a request to a remote server.  That remote server then POSTs a reply to my server and I reply with the call instructions.  Works great in Pharo.   But in Gemstone, I think that because I'm being clever and attempting to get the POSTs handled in their own gem, its not working.  My strategy for debugging things is to have a mix of GemTools and tODE images running where I start a blocking server in one image and then initiate the call from another image.

One problem I have is that I don't really have any idea when/where things are breaking down while handling the POST.  Errors aren't popping up in GemTools or in the object log.   The other is restarting the tests means force quitting one or more of the images and then getting things set back up.

Is there a better way?

thanks

Paul