[Glass] DependentsFields and multiple gems...

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Feb 27 15:11:19 PST 2014

Mariano,

Yes the change:/update: "signalling" is not shared across multiple gems, so
a different scheme needs to be used ....

Some sort of persistent state change is the best cross gem notification
strategy.

Take a look at SessionMethodTransactionBoundaryPolicy>>transactionBoundary:
for an example where I compare a persistent counter with a valued that was
cached in session state and clear the ClassOrganizer cache if the counter
was incremented by another session ... as I write this I'm not sure whether
this is the best approach for your particular situation.

I assume that a local notification can be used to update some persistent
state that is persistent when the transaction is completed and then the
other gems will see that persistent state and "do the right thing"
presumably ...

I guess the missing piece for you was to actually persist the end result of
your #update:....

Dale