[Glass] Help defining gemstone users for a multi-user app

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 08:04:40 PST 2014

Hi guys. I am finding troubles to understand how should I organize my users
and UserGlobals for my app.

I want to have a user like DataCurator, let's say 'MyAppAdmin' that is
allowed to create classes, update code, connect to GemTools, and other
stuff. Then, I want a normal user (without any privilege) say
'MyAppWebUser' and the seaside gems of my app will be run with such a user.

So....how can I define these 2 users? I guess I can create a user and
assign the DataCuratorGroup or policy. Is there anything specially
recommended for this? (how to create a typical "admin" user)

Anyway... still..each of these users will have their own UserGlobals. If I
load the code with 'MyAppAdmin' then it will be in the UserGlobals of that
user and not available to 'MyAppWebUser'. What do I need to do? Put
everything under Published list instead of UserGlobals?   So basically, I
am asking how can I have an admin user and a none-admin both sharing the
same UserGlobals (or similar).

Thanks in advance,