[Glass] Help defining gemstone users for a multi-user app

Martin McClure martin.mcclure at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jan 8 10:32:39 PST 2014

Hi Mariano,

Running multiple stones is quite a bit easier than setting up a
multi-user stone. And, as Dale pointed out, it makes coordinating
upgrades easier. So you might consider doing that first, then maybe
considering a multi-user stone later if you see any advantage.

I agree with James about allowing arbitrary Smalltalk code to come over
the wire and be executed on the server. This *will* be exploitable. If
you think it's not, tell me the scheme you're thinking of using and I'll
break it for you. :-)

Defining your own rule language and parsing that would be more work (but
not all *that* much work) but would be much safer.

Regards,

-Martin