[Glass] Gemstone 2.4.4.1 repository full

Martin McClure martin.mcclure at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Jan 16 08:19:09 PST 2014

On 01/16/2014 07:27 AM, Dario Trussardi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	i have a GLASS instance based on Gemstone version 2.4.4.1
>
> 	It manage only two Pier instance and don't manage other data.
>
> 	I found strange but the repository increased  to the max size,
>
> 	and now the web request don't works.

Dario,

Some free space in the repository is required for just about anything to
succeed. Both markForCollection and reclaimAll will consume free space
while they move things around, but will eventually result in an increase
in free space.

It's best to monitor the repository and take action before it actually
becomes full. Once the repository is actually full, your only options
are to restore from a full backup and tranlogs, or to add space to the
extent(s) to give the system some free space.

Chapter 6 of the System Administration Guide gives a lot more detail on
these issues.

Regards,

-Martin