[Glass] migrate problem

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Jan 16 13:07:19 PST 2014

Johan,

thank you very much for your help.

Am 16.01.2014 um 20:24 schrieb Johan Brichau <johan at yesplan.be>:

> Norbert,
>
> I had the problem of 'double classes' in the past as well when I did loading via Monticello in gemtools rather than in topaz and using the GsDeployer.
> I retained the following script to fix that (which I believe was whipped up by Dale at that time)
>
> |classesWithOldSuperclasses|
> classesWithOldSuperclasses := Set new.
> Smalltalk allClasses do:[:s |
> 	Smalltalk allClasses do:[:c |
> 		(c superclass name = s name and:[(c superclass = s) not]) ifTrue:[classesWithOldSuperclasses add: c]]].
> classesWithOldSuperclasses do:[:c | Transcript show: c name;cr. c definition evaluate]

I’ve developed a similar script to find the bogus classes. Most of them where there because of the side effect of one bogus class keeping a bogus superclass. In the end I removed all objects and rewired the inheritance tree manually. The code is working now and the objects are transferred to another system anyway. But this time it felt much harder then the last time.

Now I’m just wondering why the mark for collect only marked a little more than 300.000 objects to be removed while I think I removed approx. 40 million. The adventures continues.

thanks,

Norbert