[Glass] storeString bug?

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Jan 16 17:36:31 PST 2014

ah ... yes so the comment in Object>>storeOn: has the disclaimer:

"Format the passive description so it can be filed in properly.
 This has to take into account the max literal size restriction in
 GemStone's compiler.  It still may fail if the content string is
 too large or has too many syntactically significant characters in it."

In your case the content string is too large ... I will submit a bug for
this, but if you use the passivate/activate messages directly you should be
able to avoid the storeOn: bug ..

Thanks for the report,

Dale