[Glass] GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF - seaside.conf ?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 14:55:48 PST 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM, itlists at schrievkrom.de <
itlists at schrievkrom.de> wrote:

> Now I have also the problem with temp memory nearly full.

Which Gem is the one getting the temp memory full? It is from the
gemtools/jade itself or some gems opened for rest system? Do you use the
startSeaside30 scripts?

If it is from gemtools/jade, then take a look to

When starting the default gemstone system I get the following output:

> stopstone[Info]: GemStone version '3.1.0.4'
> stopstone[Info]: Server 'seaside' is not running.
> startstone[Info]: GemStone version '3.1.0.4'
> startstone[Info]: Starting Stone repository monitor 'seaside'.
> startstone[Info]: GEMSTONE is: '/opt/gemstone/product'.
> startstone[Info]:
>

> GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=/opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.1.0.4-x86_64.Linux/seaside/data/system.conf

If the gem that is being full of memory is the gemtools/jade, I think (wait
someone confirm this) you should increase GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE of such a
file.

> GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=/opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.1.0.4-x86_64.Linux/seaside/data/seaside.conf
> startstone[Info]: Log file is '/opt/gemstone/log/seaside.log'.
>
> Actally
> "/opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.1.0.4-x86_64.Linux/seaside/data/seaside.conf"
> is not available at that location ???
>
> Actually I'm not using Seaside - but only REST systems (without Seaside).

mmmm ok...but you are still using the out of the box seaside stone?
how are you starting gemstone?   from the above lines it seems to me you
are indeed using the seaside stone but you simply do not install seaside
later.