[Glass] debugging zinc server requests/responses with tode or GemTools

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:49:26 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm porting some working Pharo code to GemStone.  The Zinc server is responding with messages like:

a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject does not understand  #'readStream'

If I prevent my code from executing it works fine so I think tis something I've done.  What I don't know how to do is get more information than whats in the message above.

Since I'm not using the Seaside infrastructure I need to figure out how to raise an exception which brings up a debugger.  Or prints something to a transcript or dumps a stack into an object log.

How can I do that with either tode or GemTools ?  Its GemStone 3.1.0.4, on ubuntu 12.04

Thanks

Paul