[Glass] debugging zinc server requests/responses with tode or GemTools

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Jan 23 11:47:53 PST 2014

I'm glad yuu were able to get moving forward again ... additional comment
below...

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I got it sorted out.
>
> Prior to seeing Marten's advice I changed
> ZnSingleThreadedServer>>#handleRequestProtected: to:
>
> ZnSingleThreadedServer>>#handleRequestProtected:
>  ^ self authenticateAndDelegateRequest: request
>

> Which bypassed Zinc's server error handling.  I then ran the server from
> within tODE but the session kept getting disconnected without doing
> anything.  The gem logs from when I was running the server in a Gem (on the
> same port as in tODE) and restarting it with daemontools showed:
>
> '(error 2719) process with this cache name already exists'
>
> which would cause a "Fatal Smalltalk Stack Underflow, SEGV in StackLimit
> page"

 This is not right ... The "cache name already exists" error is being
generated in response to a call to System class>>cacheName: which was added
to the seaside scripts so that the gems could be identified easily in vsd
... probably should bullet proof, that call in the scripts, but a SEGV
should not be the result ... could I get the gemlog for the incident so
that I can report the bug with a little more detail?

Thanks,