[Glass] Gem go down when ex retry is manage for aBlock on: do:

Dario Trussardi dario.trussardi at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 24 06:17:20 PST 2014

Ciao,

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Dario Trussardi <dario.trussardi at tiscali.it> wrote:
>
> The service vm is described here[1]
>
> [1] https://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/ServiceVMExample

> >>      How i can open a pop up when exception occured ?
> >>
> >>      Anyone has an example about it ?

> I complete extrapolate the iqDialog from on: do:  exception :
>
>                 stampaok:= false.
>                 erroreTcpIP := false.
>
>                 [ stampaok]  whileFalse:[
>                         stampaok := true.
>                         erroreTcpIP ifTrue:[ self jqDialog: ( DTRCassaDialogConferma openOnException: exRef
>                                                                                                                                 onModel: dcmModel)
>                                                                                 title: 'ERRORE STAMPA'. ].
>
>                          [TicketBaseTipoCentriCarico newOn: dcmModel dettagli: tfDettagli onPrinter: rfrMaster aPrinterTicket ]
>                                  on: PrinterError do: [:ex |    exRef := ex .
>                                                                         erroreTcpIP := true.
>                                                                         stampaok := false.
>                                                                         ex return: false. ].
>                                                                 ].
>
> Now the while loop work fine.
>
> I would think that this while loop would be touchy to use in a multi-vm GemStone scenario since http requests would be delivered to a different vm, unless you are using session affinity or a single gem

Thanks Dale,

	but what do you intend for session affinity ?

	When i have a method with temporary  variables and i do a callback 	or   a jqDialog   as on

	i lose this temporary data ?

	What are the data on which i can rely,  into on environment with more gem  where http request would be delivered to a different vm ?

	Thanks for any considerations,

		Dario