[Glass] Ways to auto start Seaside gems upon stone startup

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jan 28 11:32:23 PST 2014

Option 5 is a good bet for managing gems ... I use daemontools[1],[2] for
starting/auto starting the seaside gems up on SS3.

I use monit to alert me if the gems/stone goes down for some reason and to
also monitor disk space, etc.

The nice thing about daemontools is that they will restart a gem almost
instantaneously... something that I'm not sure monit will do ...

Dale

[1] https://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GLASSDaemonTools
[2] https://github.com/Monty/GemStone_daemontools_setup