[Glass] Conflicts when using *String and Unicode* based indexes in GemStone 3.2 and Seaside

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jul 2 20:15:21 PDT 2014

You are in a maze of twisty little messages that all look alike...

I'm afraid that in sending email back and forth with another engineer
working on the problem we got our wires crossed...

The message _sessionCacheStatAt:put: is used in Seaside while the
message _sessionStateAt:put:
is the message that overlaps with the field where  #usingUnicodeCompares is
stashed ...

It is not correct to say that Seaside interferes with  *String and Unicode*
based indexes in GemStone 3.2...

Sorry for the confusion, but I didn't notice the difference until I went to
fix the bug and noticed that were were talking about apples and oranges:)

We do have a case in the wild, where something in the image is using
_sessionStateAt:put:
... we'll just have to continue searching:)

Sorry for the noise,

Dale