[Glass] Zinc available for 3.2.0

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jun 6 11:27:15 PDT 2014

I'm working on Zinc[1] for 3.2 as we speak and I'm still finding some
flakiness ... On the dev3.1 branch I think I've addressed the stability
problem (needed an error handler near top of forked threads to catch and
log erors ... in Pharo a debugger is expected to pop up) ... there are some
annoying errors that occur occasionally, but with these are caught by my
new handler ... the travis-ci builds are failing[2]:

Results for anArray( 'BaselineOfZinc') Test Suite
248 run, 244 passes, 0 expected defects, 1 failures, 0 errors, 3 unexpected
passes
*** FAILURES *******************
ZnClientTests debug: #'testQueryGoogle'.
ZnResponseTests debug: #'testSlashdotGzipChunked'.
ZnChunkedReadStreamTests debug: #'testReadingGzip'.
ZnChunkedReadStreamTests debug: #'testReadingGzipStepped'.

but only the ZnClientTests debug: #'testQueryGoogle' is unexpected. I have
recently implemented basic gzip suport in glass[3], but I don't think I've
quite got everything up to snuff, thus the gzip faliures in Zinc ...

I haven't looked into the testQueryGoogle as I deemed Zinc stable enough
for my purposes ...

In my development environement here is what I'm working with for Seaside3.1
and GemStone 3.2 (from my tODE project list):

* FileTree            2bd9ad5 [gemstone2.4]
github://dalehenrich/filetree:gemstone2.4/repository
* GsServiceVMExample  2.0.0 [development]
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
|* Seaside3|          a6b3414 [dev3.1]
 filetree:///opt/git/Seaside31/repository
+ TodeHome            505e04a [master]            /opt/git/todeHome
|GLASS1|              e0c6220 [dev]
filetree:///opt/git/glass/repository
|Grease|              8df18a2 [master]
 filetree:///opt/git/Grease/repository
|Metacello|           c88ccc5 [issue_238]
filetree:///opt/git/metacello-work/repository
|Tode|                315e133 [dev]
filetree:///opt/git/tode/repository
WebEditionHome        e0063b6 [dev]               /opt/git/webEditionHome
|Zinc|                d31d25e [dev3.1]
 filetree:///export/foos1/users/dhenrich/git/zinc/repository
FastCGI Project       0.235 [release]
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
GLASS                 1.0-beta.9.1 [release]
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
Gofer                 1.0.5.1 [release]
GoferProjectLoader    1.0-alpha2.2 [development]
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
GsCore                0.247 [release]
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
GsMisc                0.243 [release]
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
GsMonticello          0.244.2 [release]
GsOB                  0.242.1 [release]
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
GsPharo               0.9.2 [development]
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
GsSqueakCommon        0.9.4 [release]
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository
RB                    d8bb009 [dev]
github://dalehenrich/rb:dev/repository
Ston                  56b9edf [gemstone]
 github://dalehenrich/ston:gemstone/repository

You can interpret the filetree repositories as the corresponding github
repo and the name in the [] is the branch name ... so you can see I'm on
dev branches for everything (GLASS1, Grease, Seaside3 and Zinc) ... I was
hoping to get the initial bits of the serviceVM characterized (working or
not) before circling back to putting together the formula for
GemStone3.2/Seaside3.1/Zinc/FastCGI, but if you are willing to operate off
of development branches then the above formula should work well.

Dale

[1]https://github.com/glassdb/zinc
[2] https://travis-ci.org/glassdb/zinc on this branch
[3]