[Glass] [Metacello] Name not found: 'OB-Metacello'

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Sat Jun 21 06:23:39 PDT 2014

I think that the Seaside approach of using version-based symbolic versions
(like #release31) is the proper approach, but that practice isn't applied
consistently across all projects that use Seaside ...

today #stable works because #stable refers to Seaside3.9 ... tomorrow
#stable doesn't work because the #stable suddenly refers to Seaside3.1 ...

If the goal is for Seaside3.0 and Seaside3.1 to be used interchangeable
from external proejcts, then perhaps some care needs to be taken to resolve
some of these incompatibilities ... if a package has been remove then
perhaps a group that routes references to the new package (or packages) is
called for to allow older project configurations to continue to function...

Configurations are no different than software ... there is no magic ...
there is a "project api" contract that you make with older versions that
must be carried forward as the product evolves IF you want folks to be able
to use things interchangeably ...

Dale