[Glass] Is there a Smalltalk way to lock a file?

Richard Sargent richard.sargent at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Mar 13 17:07:00 PDT 2014

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
> Do we have a method to lock a file at the OS level? I searched in image
> but
> I cannot find anything. If it would work in gemstone too that would be
> nice.

It's not clear what your intention is. Typically, opening a file for write
access should prevent any other process from opening it (for write access).
I think the semantics of file access are operating system specific. But most
OS's should come close to what's defined for Posix, I expect. (Windows maybe
not so close.)