[Glass] New Web Edition License Terms for 3.2 and beyond

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri May 2 11:24:30 PDT 2014

Johan,

Good question! Another FAQ candidate!

I don't think we have a finely tuned definition of "production" and
"development", but at a general level I would say that is fair to think of
a "production" db (or stoned process) is one that you use to directly
produce income/value for your company and a "development" db is one that
you use indirectly in support of a "production" db...but then that is my
opinion.

For a concrete answer, I say that you should contact
sales at gemtalksystems.com. You can describe your exact scenario and get a
proper answer.

I think we are really interested in being fair in our dealings with you. If
you are using a free license with GemStone 3.2 or later and need to add a
third production db, send mail to sales at gemtalksystems.com and describe
your circumstances, I'm sure that we can work out something that is
satisfactory to you and fair to us.

Please don't be shy sending mail to sales at gemtalksystems.com. It is likely
that James will be at the other end of the line:). The private email
conversation makes it possible for you to share details about your business
plans and for us to offer customized terms.  We are definitely willing to
provide customized terms that fall within the range of the defined licenses
as well as those that extend beyond the defined ranges.

Part of the reason that we're changing the license terms is so that we can
get to know our users better and better understand the ways that you are
using GemStone/S.

We want you to have long term success using GemStone/S.

Dale