[Glass] out of resources

Martin McClure martin.mcclure at gemtalksystems.com
Thu May 8 10:12:10 PDT 2014

On 05/08/2014 09:27 AM, Otto Behrens wrote:

> This may well be the issue. We've had a run in with the OOM killer
> because we're over committing memory on the VM's. We're busy fixing
> that. But I could not find a log on the VM that tells me something
> yet. We've only seen the VM host kill the VM so far.
>
> We're getting
>
> Write to /proc/349/oom_score_adj failed with EACCES , linux user does
> not have CAP_SYS_RESOURCE
> No server process protection from OOM killer
>
> in the pcmon and pagemanager logs. I think this happens once the
> resources are unavailable.

These messages are output at startup of the process if we are unable to
set up protection from the OOM killer. It does not necessarily mean that
the OOM killer has killed the process, though that seems likely given
the symptome.

If the OOM killer has been killing processes, the system log
(/var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages, depending on the Linux distro)
should contain entries showing which processes were killed and when.

Regards,

-Martin