[Glass] Garbage Collection , maintenance gem and typical seaside app

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:53:30 PDT 2014

> > Even if that's try, if I run the "reset" of the seaside gems at a strange
> > hour (like 4 am), I may want to even force a MFC and a #reclaimAll,
> right?
> > Even if I know they would happen automatically in the future, I may
> prefer
> > to pay its cost/time at 4 am. Would this make sense?
>
> We do this, yes. We run stopUserSessions as well while this is running.

How do you do that Otto?  I tried a simple script like this:

[
[
System beginTransaction.
System stopUserSessions.
SystemRepository markForCollection.
SystemRepository reclaimAll.
System commitTransaction.
System resumeLogins.

] on: Halt,  Warning do: [:ex | ex resume]
] on: Error do: [:ex2 | ex2 |
System resumeLogins.
ex2 pass.
]

But #markForCollection complains it cannot log in. So how can I let
markForCollection to work yet disable/kill other sessions?

Thanks,