[Glass] Can one get rid of ObsoleteMetaclass instances?

Pieter Nagel pieter at nagel.co.za
Wed May 14 06:29:47 PDT 2014

We recently converted to GS3.1 from GS2. Our migration and integrity
checking infrastructure currently needs to do "(ObsoleteMetaclass
allInstances, Metaclass3 allInstances) asIdentitySet" to get hold of all
the metaclasses in our system.

Is there any way remove ObsoleteMetaclass from consideration and ensure
that we have a repository that contains only Metaclass3 instances? Or will
we have to live with this until such time in the future that all classes
happened to convert by virtue of adding/removing/renaming instvars within
them?

I know that the actual ObsoleteMetaclass instances get transformed as they
are faulted in. But this transformation of theirs never gets committed to
the database, so in then the end they're back to square one, where they
are Obsoleteclass instances that are only picked up by "ObsoleteMetaclass
allInstances" and that get converted again when being faulted again.

Is there any way to make the conversion "stick"?