[Glass] Zinc 2.4.3 on Gemstone

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Wed May 21 06:56:45 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Gerhard Obermann <obi068 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dale!
>
> I think as soon as I can load the stuff in my upgraded 3.2. DB, i can test
> and contribute to zink and/or Glass / Seaside 3.1.
> If it wont work until tomorrow i have to stay on 3.1.0.5 for the next few
> months at least.

Okay ... I'll work on getting past the loading issues at a minimum ...

> At the moment i am trying to load Seaside 3.1.1 with
> PS: To be able to load this i have loaded the Baseline packages BaselineOfGLASS1,
> BaselineOfSeaside3 , BaselineOfZinc manually from my forked GIT clone.

This is good to know. Making local clones of the projects is exactly the
right way to do things ... I have added the `lock` command to Metacello so
that you can ensure that your locally cloned repositories will always be
used ...

The `project list` in tODE has a menu item for locking/unlocking projects

> GsDeployer deploy: [
>   Metacello new
>     configuration: 'Grease';
>     repository: '
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>     get.
>
>   "Load Seaside31"
> GsDeployer deploy: [
>   Metacello new
>     baseline: 'Seaside3';
>     repository: 'github://glassdb/Seaside31:gemstone3.1/repository';
>     load: 'CI'].
>

> Not sure if i need to load  Metacello new
>     baseline: 'GLASS1';
>     repository: 'github://glassdb/glass:master/repository';
>     load.
> after the upgrade.
>
> What is the difference between
>   (ConfigurationOfGLASS project version: '1.0-beta.9.1') load
> and
>  Metacello new
>     baseline: 'GLASS1';
>     repository: 'github://glassdb/glass:master/repository';
>     load.

I am in the midst of a transition period for GLASS. ConfigurationOfGLASS is
the old way and GLASS1 is the new way ... ConfigurationOfGLASS is base on
Monticello repositories and GLASS1 is based on git repositores.

You need to have GLASS 1.0-beta9.1 loaded into your image BEFORE you can
load GLASS1.

I will try to solve the initial loading problem for Seasdie31 right now ...
the tests may not all pass, but I think getting a clean load means that
folks can contribute...