[Glass] Out of space and now cannot start stone again :(

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed May 21 11:02:49 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

My server got out of disk space and gemstone had the following error while
trying to connect via topaz:

*Login denied to other than SystemUser or DataCurator. All tranlog*
*directories are full. Stone process waiting for operator to archive*
*tranlogs or add more directories.,*

OK, I make the virtual hard disk , expand partitions etc...now the OS hard
disk space looks with 400GB free. But when I try to start the stone again,
it fails to do it from the last translog.

What I am supposed to do?  startstone -N ?   If true...what info do I lost?
what "info" is up to the last checkpoint?  In my case this is a seaside app
with GLASS transaction management. Would the lost be just the last request?

Thanks in advance,

    Now starting GemStone monitor.

Write to /proc/2468/oom_score_adj failed with EACCES , linux user does not
have CAP_SYS_RESOURCE
No server process protection from OOM killer
|     SESSION CONFIGURATION: The maximum number of concurrent sessions is
41. |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|

    Attaching the Shared Cache using Stone name: XXX
    Successfully started 1 free frame page servers.

    Summary of Configured Transaction Logs
      Directory   0:
        configured name /XXX/Sites/XXX/gemstone/data
        expanded name /XXX/Sites/XXX/gemstone/data/
        configuredSize 1000 MB
      Directory   1:
        configured name /XXX/Sites/XXX/gemstone/data
        expanded name /XXX/Sites/XXX/gemstone/data/
        configuredSize 1000 MB

    Extent #0
    -----------
    Filename = !#dbf!/XXX/Sites/XXX/gemstone/data/extent0.dbf
    Maximum size = NONE
    File size = 10586 Mbytes = 677504 pages
    Space available = 7927 Mbytes = 507353 pages

    Totals
    ------
    Repository Size = 10586 Mbytes = 677504 pages
    Free Space = 7927 Mbytes = 507353 pages
    Extent 0 was not cleanly shutdown.

    Repository startup statistics:
        Pages Need Reclaiming =10
        Free Oops=133758598
        Oop Number High Water Mark=157752737
        Possible Dead Objects=12405000
        Dead Objects=0
        Epoch Transaction Count=0
        Epoch New Objects Union=0
        Epoch Written Objects Union=0
        Epoch DependencyMap Objects Union=0

    Repository startup is from checkpoint = (fileId 13, blockId 388232)

   SearchForMostRecentLog did not find any tranlogs

 :: (wildcard) found in listening addresses, ignoring other addresses
created listening socket for ::, on :: port 43405

    Opened a transaction log file for read_nolocks.
       filename = /XXX/Sites/XXX/gemstone/data/tranlog13.dbf
EOF while reading log record.
EOF encountered while reading log record.    Unable to read log record
13.388232 for current checkpoint
    Waiting for all tranlog writes to complete

    Stone startup has failed.