[Glass] gsDevKitHome work

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 19 11:25:54 PST 2014

As I mentioned in an earlier email to Marten, I plan on making a pass
through gsDevKitHome in the near future and I published a list of the
issues that I will be addressing[1].

If you have any feedback about gsDevKitHome now would be a good time to
submit an issue[2] with your feedback.

If you are using gsDevKitHome it is probably a good idea to "watch" the
project[1]. You can define how you want notifications handled for the
projects that you are watching in your account settings under Notification
Control and I recommend that you subscribe to email updates, so that you
can participate in the discussions for issues that you are interested in.
You can unsubscribe on an issue by issue basis if an issue you don't care
about is generating a lot of traffic...

The same suggestions goes for any of the other github projects that you are
using ... I typically don't send email to the glass list when I fix a bug
or add a feature for a project up on github, but if you are watching the
project you will get email about issue updates (I try to do all of my work
under a particular issuefor traceability) and all commits will show up in
your dashboard update stream.

I also encourage you to submit issues directly to those projects that you
are watching (and care about) ...

For the most part the github projects are under continuous deployment ...
all work is done on a topic branch and not committed to the master branch
until the unit tests are clean, so there's not much need for a more formal
versioning scheme ... for projects that are kept in synch with non-github
projects, tags are used to provide synchronization points ... of course if
you are not watching the projects, then you may not realize that a
particular bug has been identified and fixed ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/labels/in%20process
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/issues/new
[3] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/watchers