[Glass] FileSystem ported to GemStone yet?

Tobias Pape via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Nov 21 00:38:56 PST 2014

Hey Dale, Johan

On 20.11.2014, at 18:37, Dale Henrichs via Glass <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Johan,
>
> I agree that it should be part of GsDevKit, but I think it needs to be conditionally loaded, since I am interested in maintaining Squeak compatibility as well ....

I glanced over the PharoCompatibility packages.

GsPharo-Core:
		I don't see a problem. It is a superset of Squeak behavior
		and when there's overlap, the implementation of this package
		either is identical to Squeak's or equivalent in outcome and
		side effects.

Multilingual-TextConversion:
		A bit tricky. This is some increment and refactorings to the
		classes already in Squeak, and they might be incompatible in their
		implementation. I think in practise this is not much of a problem,
		since these classes are typically used for their effect (Text conversion)
		and the TextConverter API is a strict subset of Squeak's TextConverter
		with IMHO all sensible methods. MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream is a lot
		slimmer than Squeak's but I don't know what this would mean.

		PS: TextConverter class>>default is missing, it is sent in
		MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream class>>on:encoding:

HTH

Best
	-Tobias