[Glass] Very strange error - one method can not be found ...

itlists@schrievkrom.de via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 15 04:15:00 PDT 2014

Today I had a very strange error in one of our development platforms:

Assume a class named "A" containing an instance method: "x:".

In lots of methods I create instances of class "A" and set the attribute
values via "x:" like:

  ^A new initialize
    ... ;
    x: aValue ;
    ...;
    yourself

And ALL methods calling "x:" are now not working any more. Gemstone
tells me, that x: can not be found. Executing the code in a workspace
works without problems.

To get rid of this error I enter the source code, add a space, recompile
the method and now "x:" can be called without problems.

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann