[Glass] gs64ldi status "frozen" - what does it means ?

itlists@schrievkrom.de via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 15 09:16:36 PDT 2014

Its running and its happening only on special network setups using
VirtualBox - like "Host-Only-Adapter". This is very useful, when having
no network connectivity.

The process is running and after the start of the whole system it is
active. The application is running - HTTP requests are served.

 When connecting via Jade the netldi process turns to "frozen" - but as
I said above: only in special network setups.

The same system works out of the box when using "network bridges" and I
have some connectivity.

 Marten

Am 15.10.2014 um 15:58 schrieb James Foster:
> In the System Administrator’s Guide (SAG), search for ‘frozen'. The first entry is on page 314 where the SAG describes the ‘gslist’ command. Here we see that the status of ‘frozen’ means that the server is not responding (since you used the ‘-v’ option). Did you include the ‘-l’ option as well? What is the PID of the process? Is that PID active? Do you have multiple versions of GemStone/S installed on that host? Are you using the same one for gslist as was used for netldi? Did you also use the ‘-c’ option on gslist? That will remove locks left by servers that have been killed.
>
> James
>
> On Oct 15, 2014, at 5:25 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>
>> I have here in a virtual machine with a host-only interface always a
>> "frozen" state of the gs64ldi process. What does this mean ?
>>
>> Marten
>>
>> (VirtualBox and 3.1.0.6 Gemstone/S)
>>
>> --
>> Marten Feldtmann