[Glass] Very strange error - one method can not be found ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 15 10:28:46 PDT 2014

Marten,

I assume that you are using 3.2.2?

References to classes (all globals actually) are compiled into methods as
references to the association from the SymbolDictionary in which the class
resides.

To get the behavior that you are describing: workspace evaluation works,
pre-compiled evaluation does not; implies that an association for a new
version of the class has been created. New association because the old
association is embedded in the compiled method. New version of the class
because the method x: is missing in the "old version" and present in the
"new version".

I can think of three ways that this can happen:

  1. remove and add class at some point during the development process.
  2. add new version of the class to a different symbol dictionary.
  3. if the association is invariant, then a direct reference to the class
is compiled into the method.

Do any of these things ring a bell?

Dale

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 4:15 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <