[Glass] 'GemStone-Release-Support' loop

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Oct 23 13:59:02 PDT 2014

upgradeMetacello just upgrades Metacello ... to get GLASS1
installed/upgraded use upgradeGLASS1 ...

Metacello does not require GLASS1, but GLASS1 does require the latest
Metacello (but it upgrades Metacello as part of it's work)

Dale

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Dale Henrichs <
> dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>
>> Mariano,
>>
>> It turns out that I did find and fix this one when I was working on the
>> Metacello release. You should only need to refresh the GLASS1 baseline:
>>
>>   Metacello image
>>     baseline: 'GLASS1';
>>     get.
>>
>> should do the trick. If you have a local git repository for GLASS1, then
>> you should do:
>>

> Thanks Dale.
> Just curious...I understood that using GsUpgrader if I send
> #upgradeMetacello that would upgrade GLASS1 and the rest as needed...
> did I understand wrong or this was a different scenario?
>
> Thanks!
>

>>   cd <your glass git repo>
>>   git pull origin master
>>
>> to get the latest version of the master and then run the above `get`
>> command to load the baseline into your repo.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/glassdb/glass/commit/dac06c9f3eacd16d06c85dc37864241e7ecc98ad
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass <
>> glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dale,
>>>
>>> I was trying to load my app using your latest workaround you send me,
>>> and I get the following error:
>>>
>>> *'Debugging: Warning: A group loop has been detected. The package:
>>> ''GemStone-Release-Support'' requires a group that includes itself. If you
>>> resume, the group loop will be ignored and details will be written to the
>>> Transcript.'*
>>>
>>> I know I can put a general handler or warning to proceed... but just to
>>> let you know.
>>>
>>> The Transcript showed:
>>>
>>> Package: 'GemStone-Release-Support'
>>> Raw Requires:
>>> 'GsCore'
>>> Package: 'GemStone-Release-Support' has a group loop:
>>> Expanded Requires:
>>> 'Squeak'
>>> 'Regex-Core'
>>> 'GemStone-Release-Support'