[Glass] Downloading community edition

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 2 14:09:31 PDT 2014

Roelof,

As Richard mentioned GemStone runs on a Linux or Mac ... if you obtain a
Ubuntu 10.04 or Ubuntu 12.04 vm (I've used thoughtpolice[1] in the past)
you can follow the instructions here[2] for installing GemStone on the vm
... There are also instructions for installing a remote tode client[3].

Assuming that you are planning on doing a Seaside-base app, there are
instructions here[4] for getting started with Seaside and GemStone ...

A word or two of warning: both the GsDevKit and tODE are pretty new and the
documentation for tODE is especially sparse at the moment and I personally
do not have ready access (nor ready skills) for working with Windows but if
you are willing to give it a go, I am willing to help you as much as I can

Let me know how it goes,

Dale

[1] http://www.thoughtpolice.co.uk/
[2]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-
[3]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/blob/master/docs/clientInstallation.md#tode-client-installation
[4]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/tree/master/projects/seaside31#seaside31-

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Roelof Wobben via Glass <