[Glass] Understanding numbers (OOP?) from a gem log

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 2 14:38:31 PDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to understand a crash I had. I am checking my logs of
> gemnetobjectX and I have 2 lines like:
>
>  Object >> _doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: (envId 0) @
> 0x7f7fb67df27e=@natCode+0x14e  [GsNMethod 3526913]

 3526913 is the oop of the method...

> AClassOfMine >> aMethodOfMine (envId 0) @ 0x7f7fb6918553=@natCode+0x133
>  [GsNMethod 1230379009]

 1230379009 is the oop of the method

> Is there a way I can get the OOP of the receiver (that instance of
> AClassOfMine)?

Not from the information here:(

> And say that yes, somehow I can get the OOP of that object. How can I open
> an inspector in GemTool for the object with that OOP?

The expression:

   Object _objectForOop: 3526913

can be inspected and in this case will bring up an inspector on the Object
>> _doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: method

In tODE you would do the following:

  gs objectFor 3526913; edit

to get in inspector up on an object given an oop...

> Also, from the above 2 lines, it is not clear to me which was the message
> send from #aMethodOfMIne that ended in a DNU. Is there a way to know all
> these?

Good question... the `0x7f7fb6918553=@natCode+0x133` is the offset into the
native code, for the method which is not much help ... I do believe that
here in development we can interpret that information for our own methods