[Glass] tODE

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 8 11:37:52 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 8:02 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <

> > Then I started the client manually and I got the message (via the test
> > login), that 'libgcirpc-3.2.2-32' can not be found.
> >
> > Well, that my actual state  ....
>
> The system expected these libraries at "tODE_3.1.app/Contents/Linux/"
> ... i actually found them in directory "pharo-vm" - so they seem to be
> there in some directories.

For GsDevKit, you no longer should be using the tODE_3.1.app. To start a
tODE client in GsDevKit, you should use `$GS_HOME/bin/todeClient` to start
the tODE client.

When you download a new version of GemStone the product download script
($GS_HOME/bin/installGemStone) automatlcally copies the gci files from the
installation into the
$GS_HOME/pharo/pharo-vm directory.

Soooo, I think that at the end of the day libpam needs to be installed on
your system along with possibly other libraries ... I am getting a clean
12.04 Ubuntu vm built that I can update the install scripts to install the
necessary 32 bit and 64 bit libraries for GemStone ...

For testing on travis-ci, I had to do the following:

  sudo apt-get update -qq
  sudo apt-get -y install libpam0g:i386
  sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpam.so.0 /lib/libpam.so.0
  sudo apt-get install -qq gcc-multilib libcurl3:i386 libstdc++6:i386
  sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so

I believe that Travis uses Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server Edition 64 bit, so I'm
not sure what would be required for Ubunutu 14.0.4.... Our Ubuntu machines
are configured for building GemStone, which is why I missed these
dependencies in my initial testing.

Dale