[Glass] tODE - 2nd attempt

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 8 13:15:07 PDT 2014

Marten,

Installing gemstone into the /opt/gemstone directory has been a convention
... GemStone itself may be installed in any location on disk (like what is
done with GsDevKit) I think that only the /opt/gemstone/locks directory is
absolutely required. /opt/gemstone/log is used by default, for some log
files, but that can be overridden by the use of env variables....

None of the GsDevKit scripts expect to work directly with /opt/gemstone.
For example with GsDevKit, the log files should show up in the
$GS_HOME/gemstone/stones/<stone name>/logs directory.

For GsDevKit it is not necessary to clone the directory in any particular
location ... If you have your own scripts that depend upon finding a
product installation in a certain location that is a different matter ...

Dale

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <