[Glass] GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF higher priority than topaz -e argument ?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 22 10:45:17 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> Good questions.
>
> Could you please provide me with the two conf files and the header output
> from the topaz run and finally how you determine that ".the gem was
> actually being executed with the  GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE of
> GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF"?

The attached gem.conf is the generic one. Pointed from #GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF.
The attached seasideServer.conf is the conf file used for -e when I start
the seaside gem via topaz.
The attached FastCGI_service_server-9035.log is the log of that gem, and as
you can see, GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE has 2000000 which is the value of
seasideServer.conf, NOT gem.conf

How do I know that the gem is actually being run with a
GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE of 2000000?  Because I am running a large SIXX
import, which with the value of gem.conf it crashes with an out of memory
exception (expected). If I comment the line of gem.conf so that the -e is
the only one, then it works, I can finish the import correctly.

Yes, I am using 3.1.0.6.

Thanks,