[Glass] sixx + XmlPullParser in 3.1?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Sep 26 13:47:47 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 3:05 AM, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to sort the XMLPullParser out for 3.1 but didn't have the right
> time/brain horsepower combination to figure it out but was able to use STON
> to transfer the objects from Pharo to GemStone.

Hi Paul, is that code available somewhere?  (I know where it is STON) but I
wonder about all the intercommuication between pharo and gemstone.
Does ston load cleanly in Gemstone?  Did you need to modify code in either
side?

Did you see that the SIXX serializer has a large problem with memory
consumption and the stack limit size in Gemstone? this is mainly because of
the type of XML parser used.. But anyway...do you know if the STON parser
would have this kind of problem too? In other words....if I am already
facing memory/stack limits of SIXX, do you think STON would at least give
me some air? Note that I don't have much of a problem that it takes time.

To be honest, I would prefer ston rather than XML either way.. but sixx
seem to have been used quite a lot in Gemstone-Pharo. I am not sure in
Gemstone how it would work.

Anyway....I have large graphs to check. So if you give me some hints I can
experiment as well and share my results.

Thanks,