[Glass] ObjectLog cleanup

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Aug 6 09:29:02 PDT 2015

GLASS mailing list wrote
>> I appreciate Dale’s suggestion of combining the best of the scripts and
>> adding it to the framework.
>>
>> Yes, I would do that. However...I do not expect this code to be THE used
>> one for everybody. But if at least this method is stored in class side of
>> ObjectLogEntry with a selector like #objectLogCleanupExampleScript or
>> something, that would be nice. Some may use it directly, and others would
>> write their own script probably based on the idea of this one.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Excellent. Rather than trying to make it perfect we just make it available
> for review, comment, and use. You quickly caught a problem with my script
> and others might improve it as well.

>> I do not expect this code to be THE used one for everybody.
That is correct. The problem suggests that you solve it by storing an
instance of a new class that provides these various behaviours and that is
configurable (e.g. the various numbers in James' script).

People can then easily implement a custom subclass which picks the subset of
behaviours or even adds their own custom enhancements.