[Glass] Fwd: Re: VM temporary object memory is full

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Aug 28 08:15:40 PDT 2015

woops meant to sent to the list

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Glass] VM temporary object memory is full
Date: 	Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:13:36 -0700
From: 	Dale Henrichs <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com>
To: 	BrunoBB <smalltalk at adinet.com.uy>

Bruno,

I'm in the middle of some GemStone product work at the moment ... Are
you still fighting the other issues because of you clearAll or is this a
new install?

If you think installing an AlmostOutOfMemory handler is called for, take
a look at MCPlatformSupport
class>>installAlmostOutOfMemoryStaticHandler: ... this guy commits on
out of memory, and in your case you may want to do a halt or print a
stack to the log ...

I haven't had a chance to look into your original problem, but the only
observation that I can make is that Seaside is touchy about it's
initialization state ... adding and removing applications is pretty
solid, but if any of the methods you ran end up reseting internal
Seaside configuration information it can be hard (hopefully not
impossible) to get things initialized correctly ...

Do you happen to have a backup that predates your clearall?

I won't be able to help until I get through the product work ....

Dale