[Glass] Is it possible to disable tranlogs for some gems?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Aug 31 08:45:39 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <

> Yeah, you have to stop the stone, change configs, start stone, do bulk
> load, stop stone, reset configs and the restart stones ... should disable
> customer access during that time as well ...

Yeah, indeed. Seems messy.... Probably not worth.

> there is a not-tranlogged data feature but that is a case where persistent
> data is not tranlogged and is not recoverable on a crash, but in this case
> you lose the ability to recover the persistent state altogether on a crash
> ... which is probably not appropriate in your case ....

Well, I think this IS my case. I mean, I do not care if a crash happens
while I am not tran-logging the persistent objects from these bulk
processes since these can be re-executed without problem. I mean these
processes take for example huge csv files, parse them and persist. So if
there is a system crash and I lost the data I persisted in those jobs (I do
not loose data I persisted via seaside gems right?), then no problem, I can
easily run the jobs again once the stone is restored :)

> I am hoping to get the not-tranlogged feature hooked up for Seaside3.2 and
> GemStone3.3, but that is a pipe dream at this point:)

hehehhe I understand.

Haven't you ever have the need of a not-tranlogged feature at a gem level?
Say...everything from this gem, do not need to be logged? I know... I can
imagine that at the repository/stone level and tranlogs level you know
nothing about the gems right?

Anyway..thanks for the answer!