[Glass] maintenance_gem.log expired sessions

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Dec 10 11:33:13 PST 2015

On 12/09/2015 03:39 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass
> <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dario,
>
>     Are you using AJAX calls in some parts of your app -- depending
>     upon how the calls are made, you might get several sessions spun
>     up from a single http request ...
>

> Dale, in which case an AJAX call would get several sessions spun up
> from a single http request?

Well I've never been that familiar with the AJAX mechanism, but I
understood that there were cases where concurrent AJAX could be
performed, implying separate sessions and cases where one needed to
route AJAX requests to the same gem to avoid excessive retries ... I
could easily be mistaken there...

BUT, looking at the code for the "expired session count" in
WABasicDevelopment class>>reapHandlerCache:dispatchers: and
WACache>>gemstoneReap the count is actually a count of the number of
objects removed from the WAApplication>>cache and the
WASession>continuations WACache instances, so that count has never been
a count of the "number of sessions expired" ... That label has been
wrong for the last 8 years:)