[Glass] Strange source import behaviour ..

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sat Dec 19 09:40:42 PST 2015

>> The source code imspected via vi or gedit (under Ubuntu and notepad++
under Windows) is ok,

Using an editor that reads UTF-8 to find out whether the character is as
encoded UTF-8 representation is not helpful. You need to use an editor that
lets you examine the raw bytes in the file. i.e. a so-called hex editor

However, the fact that it is recognized as a UTF-8 file is interesting.

Try inspecting the $- character in the generator to see if it really has
the value 16r2D or if it is a Unicode dash of some kind (i.e. code point >
127).

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Marten Feldtmann via Glass <