[Glass] Flattening traits - trait methods now compiled into classes not seen as changes

Jupiter Jones via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Dec 28 23:50:59 PST 2015

Hi All,

This may be the wrong place to post this - please let me know if there’s a more appropriate place.

I’m working on a new port of Pillar to GemStone (with the intention of updating Pier in GemStone to the latest version).

Once I flatten traits and recompile the methods, monticello does not see the removed methods as changed, and doesn’t write them to disc. I’ve attached a screenshot showing the apparent changes (the removed traits and methods) and a class browser showing one of the classes that has had the trait methods (accessing parameters protocol) as instance methods, however they are not included in the changes.

I’m not sure how to proceed, and don’t know how I can force metacello to write those methods into a filetree when I commit the package. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jupiter