[Glass] out-of-mem removing elements from indexed RcIdentityBags

Johan Brichau via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Feb 5 23:06:26 PST 2015

Hi there,

I am debugging an out-of-temporary-objectspace issue we ran into because we are removing objects from many different RcIdentityBags that each have 6 equality indexes defined on them in a single transaction. The amount of temp object space required for that is 100 MB. I am sure the issue is because of the indexes because when I execute the same operation after removing all the indexes, it requires only 5 MB of temp object space. When I check which instances are occupying most of the space, I get the *BtreeNode* family of classes rising to the top in bytesize.

Though the manual mentions some things about performance when modifying indexed collections, I am surprised about the size required to execute this operation. So, is there a way to investigate why so many large nodes need to be loaded when removing? How do I interpret the results of _indexStatistics? Is there anything I can try to investigate?

Thanks for any considerations
Johan