[Glass] installServer devKit 3.1.0.6

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Feb 15 01:07:03 PST 2015

Everyone, if you want to install a client on one machine while installing the
server on another, start by studying what Dale has set up for the Windows
client install. Windows has some "unusual characteristics" that require
special handling, so you cannot directly use the Windows instructions.

However, they are specifically designed to address installation of the
client on one machine with the server installed on another. I am pretty
certain that Dale's scripts already support this for Linux systems.

I'll be vague and say, there are  "installServer" scripts and
"installClient" scripts. You should be able to use these independently and
install almost any combination you wish. [I have no doubt that there are
combinations Dale has not addressed. If you have such a combination, we all
will benefit from your documenting the details of what you have to do to get
it to work. If you need to modify the scripts, fork the project for your
combination, change the scripts as needed, and check in the changes.

GLASS mailing list wrote