[Glass] data encryption

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Feb 19 11:40:35 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass <

> Hi!
>
> I was asked if there is a way to prevent the Gemstone/Glass hoster from
> seeing the data...

It's an axiom that if a black hat has "physical access to the machine", he
has everything. If you are worried at that level, you need to provide your
own data centre.

> Is there a common practice to encrypt certain attributes/data?

It is always a good idea to store critical, sensitive information encrypted
(SIN, SSN, credit card, password, etc.).

If you are worried about visibility of the data enroute, use https.