[Glass] pgsvrmain hanged with CPU usage and logins disabled...

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Feb 19 15:01:28 PST 2015

Hi guys... I am migrating to a new server and setting up all my gemstone
stuff again... I now have a problem I haven't seen before.. I am trying to
start my stone and gems at the OS startup... and the thing is that it seems
only the stone can be started, not the gems. Watching the logs I find

 topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> [Info]: LNK
client/gem GCI levels = 851/851

 [Info]: Logging out at 02/19/2015 17:51:35 EST
 login failed due to error 4053(logins suspended), retrying for 20 seconds
 [Info]: LNK client/gem GCI levels = 851/851

 ---------

 GemStone: Error         Fatal
 Login failed:  GemStone logins are currently disabled.,
 Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 4053  Arg Count: 1 Context : 20
exception : 20
 Arg 1: 20

In addition, the process pgsvrmain remains alive and running and using 30%
of the CPU.
I have never seen this and I have no clue what could be going on.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance