[Glass] How bad is terminating stones by their own kill signal handler?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Feb 20 11:18:37 PST 2015

Hi guys,

We are migrating to CentOS 7 and after lots of hours I cannot have either a
Sys V init.d or systemd script that correctly start and stop all my stones
and gems...... I have to give up. Cannot loose more time... (I even opened
this
http://serverfault.com/questions/670176/centos7-systemctl-calling-execstop-on-reboot-after-my-procceses-are-already-kill
)

The start side is working correct. So I wonder...is it risky not to
explicitly shutdown stone using shutdown method? I see kill signal is
captured correctly and the stone still seems to be doing its sutff correct.
But I wonder, is this assumption 100% safe?  I ask regarding:

1) I don't want to manually have to start processes in the next boot ,
neither manually or even worst using -R or .. whatever... in other words, I
want that the stone starts up without any human action.

2) Of course, I don't want to loose transactions.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad mood....