[Glass] How does gemstone take advantage of multiple cores?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Feb 24 05:45:59 PST 2015

Hi guys,

I am curious how GemStone takes more advantage in presence of more cores. I
mean, which kind of processes are the one distributed across cores?

Another question is if the distribution is at gemstone process level or if
there is some parallelization at the Smalltalk language (Gem) level?  What
I mean is...a Gem will always be running in one single core (while others
could be running in other cores)?  Say I am running a report or something
CPU intensive in somewhere in my app code...is there a chance some code of
it (maybe some collection related code) will run in parallel?

Thanks in advance,