[Glass] Cannot make full backup restore to work

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jul 6 12:22:05 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

I am following the sysadmin guide, but still, cannot make it work. It seems
my main issue is that I have changed the password of DataCurator in my
extent.... but I am not sure.

I have already did the cp of the virgin extent, I have already started
gemstone with -R etc. So then I run a topaz with:

*set user DataCurator pass swordfish*
*login*
*run*
*SystemRepository restoreFromBackup: '$2'*
*%*
*exit*

After that, I open another topaz with:

*send SystemRepository restoreStatus*
*printit*
*SystemRepository restoreFromCurrentLogs*
*%*
*login*
*printit*
*SystemRepository commitRestore*
*%*
*logout*
*exit*

The output I get is:

topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> Warning: clearing
the previous GemStone password.
topaz> topaz> successful login
topaz 1> topaz 1> *The restore from backup completed, with 6906628 objects
restored.*
* Ready for restore from transaction log(s). (error 4046)*
topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz> topaz>
successful login
topaz 1> topaz 1> topaz 1> topaz 1> topaz 1> topaz 1> topaz 1> topaz 1>
[281474976692481 sz:125 cls: 74753 String]* Restoring from transaction log
files, restored to 06/07/15 04:23:05 EDT, file 315 record 4, nextFileId
315, oldest fileId 315*
*topaz 1> topaz 1> Restore from transaction log(s) succeeded,  (error 4048)*
topaz> topaz> topazm: in login, found topaz session 1 stale
successful login
topaz 1> topaz 1> -----------------------------------------------------
*GemStone: Error         Fatal*
*Restore from transaction log failed, Unable to re-originate log in*
*commitRestore,*
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 4049  Arg Count: 1 Context : 20
exception : 20
Arg 1: 20
topaz > exec iferr 1 : where
WHERE can't be used prior to logging in.
topaz> topaz> LOGOUT can't be used prior to logging in.
topaz > exec iferr 1 : where
WHERE can't be used prior to logging in.

As you can see, I get a

*GemStone: Error         Fatal*
*Restore from transaction log failed, Unable to re-originate log in*
*commitRestore,*

And so I cannot make any login to it. So... how I am supposed to do this? I
am trying to follow the sysadmin guide. I do not understand the error
message.

Thanks in advance,